Position: Elementary Paraprofessional Aide
Classification: Hourly, Part Time, Minimum Wage
Term: 10 months (student attendance days)
Reports to: Elementary Principal, Lenawee Christian School
This position is devoted to assisting students and providing tiered supports within the general education classroom and instructional program. The candidate should be experienced in working with children with unique learning challenges. Training in the components of literacy and intervention strategies is desired. Must have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Desire to see students grow and learn the way God created them
- Experience working with children in a school or church setting
- Commitment to Jesus Christ and the ability to articulate a Christian worldview
- Able to encourage and comfort students in their daily Christian walk as well as showing the love of Christ through their own example as a Christian.
- Assist students with IEP’s, 504s or any student who needs academic assistance.
- Provide 1:1 academic and behavioral supports to help students reach their academic and personal goals.
- Organize daily test accommodations, such as testing orally, providing additional monitored time for tests, reading tests, and making and supplying word banks.
- Provide supplemental materials for lessons depending on the unique needs of the student.
- Assist student behaviorally in the regular classroom, such as keeping them on task, checking work and communicating with the lead teacher of their level of understanding.
- Assist in the fall/spring NWEA testing block with testing accommodations (reader).
- Access books, audio files, and help students use other assistive technology devices.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org