Lenawee Christian School offers financial assistance programs to help families with the decision to invest in a Christian education. The programs listed here are available to all families who qualify. Our goal is to assist families in a fair and equitable way. The average student at LCS receives about 30% off of their tuition through these programs.
If questions arise, please contact our admissions department at 517-438-8820 or email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need-Based Aid Programs
Angela Stover, Student Billing Specialist, is available to assist you if you have questions at any point during the process. She can be reached 517-438-8805 or via email at email@example.com.
To reach FACTS, please call 1-800-624-7092.
FACTS Need-Based Aid
The need-based aid program, formerly called “Financial Aid,” is the most common form of financial assistance for families at LCS. Below we have answered a few questions we frequently receive regarding this program:
- What percentage off tuition will I qualify to receive?
Lenawee Christian School offers up to a 50% scholarship for students based upon their family’s financial need. Families can reapply for the need-based aid program annually.
- Will aid be available if I wait until later to apply?
There is no guarantee of funding. Need-based aid applications are processed year-round, as many new families come to LCS all year. For the best chance of funding, apply as soon as you are able.Need-based scholarship dollars are dependent on the generosity of the school’s various benefactors and through fundraising efforts. Given the current economic environment in Lenawee County, there has never been a greater need. We ask that everyone get involved either through financial support or helping in one of our fundraising events. Contact our admissions department to learn more about our fundraising efforts.
- How does need-based assistance work?
Each year the LCS Board, as a group of parents, directs and approves the need-based aid formula for the school. The goal of the LCS Board is to have an equitable process for all families wishing to attend LCS. The formula begins with a families’ Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from their tax return and weighs that against typical core household expenses based on the size/age of the family. Appeals may be brought to the Finance Director of LCS for changes in employment status or income versus the prior year’s tax return. Other appeals will be made to the LCS Board Finance Committee as required. LCS utilizes FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment as our on-line partner in collecting information from applicants. FACTS services over 5,000 educational institutions and more than a million families each year. Click the button on the left to begin your application.
Key Policy Notes:
- All need-based assistance applications must be received in full by the end of the first two weeks of a school term. If applications are not completed in time, the family will not be eligible for financial aid until the following term. New students enrolling within the school year will have two weeks from their initial enrollment to complete an application.
- Funds are limited to the amount raised from benefactors and activities such as the LCS Auction. Need-based scholarship dollars are awarded on a first come, first serve basis so we encourage families needing assistance to apply early.
- Parents may appeal the final decision to the Finance Director on the grounds of 1) a change in income (Adjusted Gross Income – AGI) since their prior year tax return, 2) a home equity Line of Credit (LOC) that was made to increase the value of your home (proof required), and 3) extraordinary circumstances in Out-of-Pocket Medical expenses.
- S2S Program: Those who elect to receive a need-based assistance award will be required to participate in our Serve to Save (S2S) Program. Twenty (20) hours of volunteer service will be required per school year, with a maximum of forty (40) hours per family per school year.
Cougar Family Scholarship Program
There are times when extreme circumstances affect our lives. When those times come, and you are considering whether or not you can continue with LCS, please let us know. For those current LCS families who are in the midst of extreme circumstances, review the requirements for the Cougar Family Scholarship to see if we might be able to help. To learn more and apply, visit the application page. Completed applications are sent directly to our Director of Finance, Rob Breckel.
S2S Program: Those who elect to receive a need-based assistance award will be required to participate in our Serve to Save (S2S) Program. Twenty (20) hours of volunteer service will be required per school year, with a maximum of forty (40) hours per family per school year.
Merit-Based Aid Programs
New Student Merit Scholarships
LCS scholarships are available to new students who exhibit excellence of character or have gifts and talents in academics, fine arts, ministry, and/or service.
Influence for Life and Commitment to Excellence Scholarship Process:
- The scholarship process begins with the application being submitted to LCS. Note that all scholarships require families to complete a Need-Based Aid application (click on the “FACTS” button at the top of this page to complete this step).
- Scholarships are then reviewed by LCS and are judged based upon predefined criteria.
- Award recommendations are then submitted to the governing body over the scholarship for award authorization.
- Awards are then approved by the governing body, either LCS administrators or the LCS board finance committee.
- Response letters are drafted and sent to the applicant.
- If a scholarship award is authorized, awards are distributed to the student’s account when the student enrolls at LCS.
To apply for a scholarship, follow the specific requirements and instructions in the application documents. Note that no scholarships are awarded for athletic skill or involvement, per MHSAA rules.
S2S Program: Those who elect to receive a scholarship award will be required to participate in our Serve to Save (S2S) Program. Twenty (20) hours of volunteer service will be required per school year, with a maximum of forty (40) hours per family per school year.
Clergy Discount Program
All qualified pastors or clergy could receive a 50% discount on tuition. A letter of good standing is required from the pastor’s church board to receive this discount. Need-based aid above this amount, up to 75%-off tuition, may also available. A completed FACTS application is required to receive the clergy discount. Any changes in a pastor’s status need to be given to the Central Office within two weeks of effective date of change.
S2S Program: Those who elect to receive this discount will be required to participate in our Serve to Save (S2S) Program. Twenty (20) hours of volunteer service will be required per school year, with a maximum of forty (40) hours per family per school year.
Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (TRIP)
Many of our families earn more than $1,000 per year utilizing the Tuition Reduction Incentive Program. Through TRIP, families earn between 2% and 20% on purchases made from many grocery stores, department stores, restaurants, and other retailers. Nearly 2/3 of LCS families utilized TRIP last year and they earned more than $50,000 in tuition credit! Download the information packet to the left, or contact Jamie Erd for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-438-8855).
What is TRIP?
TRIP is simple. Order gift cards or gift certificates for many places you shop already and a percentage of what you spend goes right to your student’s tuition. The TRIP program at LCS works with the Great Lakes Scrip Center to order and process gift cards to over 1500 retailers across the country. Check out “What Is Scrip?” for a great explanation of the program and how it works.
Set-up a TRIP Account:
Setting up your TRIP account and ordering online is easy! Print out these step by step instructions to get started.
TRIP Office Hours:
- All online orders MUST be placed by 8 a.m. on Monday morning to be included in that week’s TRIP order. If you would rather order using a paper order form please contact Jamie Erd in the Central Office.
- Mondays: 8am – 9am – Order Processing (Paper orders & checks may be dropped off at this time. Online orders must be done by 8 am on Monday.)
- Thursdays: 3pm – 4pm – Order pick up (also includes online card orders)
- Fridays: Please pick up in the Elementary Office
- The TRIP Office is located in the Elementary wing of the school, just before the floor transitions from tile to carpet (left side).