Commitment to Excellence / Influence for Life Scholarships
The Lenawee Christian School (LCS) Commitment to Excellence/Influence For Life Scholarships offers funds to outstanding 6th through 12th grade students who demonstrate the academic performance potential, commitment to Christian education, positive character traits, excellence outside the classroom, and/or special or financial circumstances. LCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its scholarship programs. Unfortunately, LCS cannot offer scholarships to all of the excellent students who apply. However, we can assure each applicant that he or she will receive consideration and fair treatment in what is a very competitive situation.
Terms of the Scholarships
- The scholarship is for 75% or 100%-off tuition for a period of one school year. If a student is awarded this scholarship mid-year, the scholarship will run for one school year from that point.
- Enrollment and other activity fees still apply.
- Families must have applied for a financial aid estimate in the last year through FACTS. To apply, visit our Financial Assistance page.
- There are a limited number of scholarships available tied to our scholarship funds. The scholarship is made possible due to generous donations from current LCS families, alumni, community members, and other friends of the school and matched by LCS.
- Those who elect to receive a scholarship award will be required to participate in our Serve to Save (S2S) Program. Twenty (20) hours of volunteer service will be required per school year, with a maximum of forty (40) hours per family per school year.
Application & Submission Requirements
- For best service, submit applications as soon as possible. Applications are reviewed and awarded by the LCS Finance Committee (made up of elected parents) on a case-by-case basis and are not awarded on a predetermined schedule.
- Applications must be filled out completely. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
- Scholarship awards are normally communicated within two weeks of the completed process. Applicants may be required to complete in-person interviews, auditions, etc. Applications are considered complete after the audition or interview has been scheduled and completed.
Influence for Life and Commitment to Excellence Scholarship Process
- The scholarship process begins with the application being submitted to LCS. Note that all scholarships require families to complete a Need-Based Aid application via the FACTS system.
- Scholarships are then reviewed by LCS and are judged based upon predefined criteria.
- Award recommendations are then submitted to the governing body over the scholarship for award authorization.
- Awards are then approved by the LCS board finance committee.
- Response letters are drafted and sent to the applicant.
- If a scholarship award is authorized, awards are distributed to the student’s account when the student enrolls at LCS.
To apply for a scholarship, complete the application below and submit all required documentation. Note that no scholarships are awarded for athletic skill or involvement, per MHSAA rules.