Position: Bus Driver
Classification: Part-Time Hourly
Reports to: Transportation Supervisor
To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from Lenawee Christian School’s endeavor to teach Christian growth and maturity through its curricular and extracurricular program.
- Operate all vehicle types used in transporting pupils at Lenawee Christian School.
- Identify with the geographic service area of our school district.
- Demonstrate knowledge of rules and regulations specified by local, state, and federal authorities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of state laws and local ordinances.
- Deal with exuberant behavioral characteristics of youthful riders.
- Administer disciplinary procedures in keeping with school policies.
- Be alert and exercise good judgment concerning emergencies, disabled vehicles and irregular special requests by parents of riders.
- Meet school bus driver certification requirements
- Minimum hours of instruction
- Satisfactorily pass knowledge examination.
- Meet state requirements for appropriate licensing.
- Meet state physical examination requirements.
- Meet local or state standards for driving test.
- Meet local or state standards for driving record check.