Position: Director of Information Technology
Classification: Salaried Exempt
Reports To: LCM President
The Information Technology Director (ITD) plans, organizes, directs, and controls all areas of LCM technology. The ITD role also includes designing, implementing, and maintaining all communications and connectivity between all network equipment from workstations to network electronics to servers to the internet. The ITD oversees the wireless network and all the involved infrastructure and management software. The Director also oversees the school’s web server and all web services published from that server. The ITD is responsible for planning and designing network strategies which augment current and future services while keeping within annual budget allocations. The ITD must be able to implement and tweak security software and hardware to protect against internal and external threats.
In addition, strong preference is given to candidates who demonstrate experience with and/or knowledge of leading-edge hardware and software trends. Candidates with education technology experience are also preferred.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ which is the result of obedience to the biblical plan of salvation
- An undergraduate degree in a technology-related field
- At least five years of experience in systems management roles with increasing responsibilities
Lenawee Christian Ministries is housed in a 200,000-square-foot facility with Lenawee Christian School located at one end of the building and The Centre at the other. The network infrastructure consists of the following:
- HP/Aruba core switch that delivers a 10GB single mode fiber connection to each of the 17 HP/Aruba switches. Each IDF has a minimum of six strands of single mode fiber, with extra fiber available for expansion. Each IDF is currently configured with a separate VLAN at each location.
- Two Dell servers that act as VMWare hypervisors. These hypervisors host Windows 2016 servers. All data is stored in a Dell SAN which provides an HA environment for the network.
- A synchronized Active Directory (AD) and Azure Active Directory (AAD) environment for user authentication and management. In addition, InTune is utilized for device and policy management for all cloud-based devices and services.
- HP server and two HP storage devices for backup management. This hardware uses VEEAM to back up the LCM server data on a rotational basis.
- Internet connectivity provided by our local service provider which supports bursting over 1GBps. The system also has a second 20MBps line dedicated for the Centre’s Guest access.
- A Palo Alto Universal Threat Management (UTM) device for all firewall, filtration, and security management.
- An Aerohive cloud-based management environment for all Wi-Fi connectivity on the campus providing secure, temporary, and guest access as needed.
- AppleTV’s in each classroom and all classrooms are set up with Microsoft Wireless adapters for wireless display capabilities for teachers and students
- A Volume License agreement with Microsoft and utilizes the internet-based Office 365 environment.
- A Google Apps environment for student connectivity and the Google Classroom.
- An ASM account with Apple and distributes and manages iPad applications and Apple devices centrally with this environment
- A MiTel/ShoreTel brand phone system running the “Connect” version of the Mitel server with approximately 150 end user devices that are supported through the phone system.
The ITD is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
The following list highlights the primary responsibilities of the ITD role.
- Plans and develops an annual IT budget
- Oversees all functions, maintenance, repairs, and enhancements of LCM systems
- Researches and recommends innovative, and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Identifies approaches that leverage LCM resources and provide economies of scale
- Secures the network against both external and internal threats
- Ensures data integrity via a backup solution and minimized down time via optimized server configuration
- Manages and maintains network user accounts and their permissions for network resources
- Provides technology support for the campus websites
- Makes access key cards in conjunction with the Maintenance Supervisor
- Makes on-demand lunch cards for new students or those who have lost theirs.
- Maintains the Exchange email server as well as the SQL Server and should be comfortable contacting and communicating with third-party software support personnel.
- Works with and supervises staff tasked with answering day-to-day technology questions and solving day-to-day problems posed by all network users
- Demonstrates an ability to politely and respectfully support a wide range of technical abilities of coworkers
- Oversees network-connected phone and printer systems
- Oversees POS systems in the Café, Corner Park, and LCS
- Oversees training of the faculty technology liaison
- Evaluates and recommends upgrades to technology-based security such as cameras and access panels
- Articulates a shared technology vision to multiple constituents inside and outside the organization
If interested please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org