Position: Online Course Designer (5 courses available; Math 6, English 6, Science 6, Social Studies 6, and Bible 6)
Classification: Per Class Stipend
Reports to: Head of School & Director of Online Learning
Mission Statement – Integrating Biblical Truth for Life – Lenawee Christian School exists in partnership with the family and church to integrate Biblical truth for life with a commitment to glorifying Jesus Christ through academic excellence and spiritual maturity.
- General Description
The online course designer will create a course in accordance with existing LCS curricular standards and implement dynamic, scalable, content. Classes will be developed in Canvas and integrate with Google Apps.
The teacher is responsible to the Director of Online Learning.
The online course developer shall be one who is preferably a college graduate, with the appropriate experience and expertise in creating, designing and implementing an original course using Canvas, Google Apps, and any other digital means necessary that meets LCS requirements.
The teacher is responsible for designing content using curriculum area(s) assigned by the Director of Online Learning. In the implementation of this responsibility, he/she is expected to:
- Planning and Preparation for Learning
- Design lessons/units based on current LCS scope and sequence that tie into specific learning objectives.
- Knows the subject matter well and has a good grasp of online child development and how students learn online.
- Plans the course so students will exceed national standards and be ready for external assessments.
- Integrates formative and summative assessments to measure student learning.
- Designs dynamic lessons that are relevant, motivating, and likely to involve students in active online learning.
- Designs lessons that break down complex tasks and target diverse learning needs, styles, and interests.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org