Position: Physical Education & Health Teacher – 2019-2020 School year
Pay rate: Salaried Exempt
Reports to: Secondary Principal
The Principal will evaluate the performance of the teacher regularly and annually recommend to the Head of School whether the teacher should continue in his/her teaching position.
Mission Statement – Lenawee Christian School exists in partnership with the family and church to integrate Biblical truth for life with a commitment to glorifying Jesus Christ through academic excellence and spiritual maturity.
The teacher shall be one who is called of God to the teaching profession, and who is a college graduate, with the appropriate State of Michigan Teaching Certificate & ACSI Certificate.
- To seek to spiritually demonstrate, in speech, actions, and attitude, a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- By spending regular daily time in the study of God’s Word and prayer;
- By responding to the ministry of the Holy Spirit within.
- To show, by example, the importance of sharing Christ, studying and memorizing His Word, and praying
The teacher has the major responsibility of instruction of Biblical integration through the curriculum assigned by the Administration. In the implementation of this responsibility, he/she is expected to:
- Teach regularly scheduled classes in each division of the school (elementary, middle and high school) as assigned by the Administrator
- Develop each of his/her students spiritually, academically, socially and physically to their individual highest potential.
- Embrace and employ the methodologies of a Professional Learning Community.
- Employ insights, which God’s Spirit has revealed to him/her from personal daily study of God’s Word and prayer.
In order to accomplish the above, the teacher will perform the following:
Integrate God’s word into daily lessons.*
- Nurture a love and understanding of personal fitness and health using proper teaching and modeling techniques that are age and developmentally appropriate.*
- Understand “best practices” in fitness and health education including cardio-respiratory endurance, strength, and muscular endurance.
- Keep student lesson plans, assignments, grades, attendance and behavior records current (RenWeb and Moodle). Keep record of materials and textbooks assigned to students.*
- Attend teacher meetings, devotions and other functions of the school when related to one’s own related of responsibility.
- Design and implement short-term and long-term goals in the personal fitness and health program.
- Equip and encourage students towards a commitment of lifelong physical fitness in response to the biblical principles of stewardship, celebration, service and redemption.
- Develop students who are committed to and practicing lifelong physical fitness in response to the biblical principles.
- Introduce students to fitness choices and further develop their understanding of their personal fitness needs, allowing them to put into practice much of what they have learned in regard to maintaining health.
- Always be available to be used by the Holy Spirit for the spiritual uplift of students or fellow teachers.*
- Supervise such student’s activities as the Principal may assign.*
- No parent(s) should be surprised by the progress of their student. There will be regular positive and negative communications with parents regarding their child’s progress.*
- Use peacemaking principles (Matthew 18, etc.) in disciplining students, and in relationships with the administration and staff.*
- Establish a sense of trust and fairness within the classroom.*
- Seek professional development opportunities so that appropriate subject knowledge is attained, best teaching practices are implemented and personal strengths are maximized in the classroom.
- Develop personal relationships with students as much as possible with the goals of showing the love of Christ and being a mentor/disciple in the lives of students.*
- Adhere to the policies of the school set forth through the handbook and as approved during the year.*
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume’ to Michael Crafts – email@example.com