Position: Secondary School Guidance Counselor
Classification: Salaried Exempt
Reports to: Secondary Principal
The head of school in conjunction with the secondary principal, contracts the secondary school guidance counselor. The principal will evaluate the performance of secondary counselor. This is an administrator contract.
Mission Statement: Lenawee Christian School exists in partnership with the family and church to integrate Biblical truth for life with a commitment to glorifying Jesus Christ through academic excellence and spiritual maturity.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Maintain a godly spirit-led life and approach to work.
- Desire to work closely and nurture positive relationships with students, parents, and faculty.
- Hold a valid State of Michigan School Counselor’s license.
- Currently certified or able to be certified with an ACSI Certificate.
- Education: A masters degree in school counseling.
- Experience: Successful position as a counselor in a school or ministry, counseling students.
- Skills to lead students, communicate effectively, and problem solve.
Secondary Guidance Counselor Job Duties include:
- Develop and manage a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Provide leadership and collaborate with administration, faculty, and staff to integrate ACSI, state and school guidelines.
- Implement developmentally appropriate activities to meet student need and school goals.
- Assist students in course selection and planning for high school graduation requirements.
- Develop or advise on the master course calendar.
- Collaborate with parents/guardians, teachers, administration and itinerate staff regarding students with identified needs and concerns.
- Implement and execute a referral process.
- Monitor student academic performance and assist with appropriate supports as needed.
- Serve as student test coordinator for state and national tests.
- Assist students with post graduate plans.
- Plan student award assemblies, graduation, and orientations.
If interested please send resume to: email@example.com