Lenawee Christian School is currently accepting applications for substitute teachers for all grade levels. Substitute teachers must have a personal relationship with Jesus and a minimum of 90 semester credit hours from a college or university. Please contact Jennifer Yape (Pre-K – 5th) at JYape@lenawee.org or Michael Crafts (6th – 12th) at MCrafts@lenawee.org.
Position: Elementary or Secondary School Substitute Teacher
Reports to: Elementary Principal or Secondary Principal
General Description: Instructs students and facilitates their learning in the absence of the regular teacher
- Provides classroom instruction to students as outlined in lesson plans.
- Creates a classroom that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Maintains established routine, policies and procedures of LCS and the classroom
- Models Christlikeness to students
- Maintains reasonable rules of conduct, which encourage self-discipline and responsibility.
- Must have a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Loves and works well with children
- Experience working with children in a school or church setting
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is growing
- Must have a minimum of 90 college credit hours.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret lesson plans, procedures, and textbooks
- Ability, both orally and in writing, to present information effectively
- Ability to define, analyze, and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Ability to implement lessons based on teacher’s directions and student needs and abilities.
- Successfully complete a background check