By Trevor Cook, CEO; Tom Durbin, Head of School; Jeff Jameson, Director of Marketing
Lenawee Christian School (LCS) continues to be a leader in educational technology from preschool through 12th grade. We are excited to announce our latest investment as part of our strategic technology plan, which has transformed our library into a next generation learning environment.
The new Collaborative Technology Center will allow LCS students to work together through projects and problems in a way that prepares them for the real world. It will also link students to the world and allow classes and lectures from our college partners to stream to our campus via a state-of-the-art video conferencing system.
“Technology amplifies the academic environment,” said Tom Durbin, LCS Head of School. “We are blessed with this new resource. It fits perfectly with our over arching commitment to developing critical thinking skills in our students as we prepare them to live a life of influence in the 21st century. There is nothing else like this resource in the area. It will open up incredible possibilities for our student body, helping them strive toward their full potential. This room will be the launch pad for a number of new and unique classes and programs for LCS students.”
The LCS Collaborative Technology Center includes:
- An innovative floor plan to support group projects
- 24 new computer stations with oversized monitors
- Two interactive Smart Boards and a third presentation screen
- Classroom video conferencing technology
- Two “full wall” magnetic marker boards for team collaboration
- Touch-screen teacher controls and virtual display monitors
In addition to the Collaborative Technology Center, the library renovation includes a new study lounge that allows students to work together without disrupting other students. The study lounge also provides a unique classroom setting for small, discussion-based classes through the day.
Technology is a critical component in the 21st century learning environment at Lenawee Christian School, featuring:
- 1:1 laptop environment from grades 6 through 12
- A state-of-the-art Collaborative Technology Center
- A traditional computer lab for adaptive testing and classwork
- Portable classroom iPad carts for grades K-5
- New SMART Tables in our Kindergarten and Preschool classrooms
- Wireless infrastructure through the entire school
- Elementary “tech time” to work on age-appropriate fundamentals
- A consistent, digital classroom environment through RenWeb and Moodle
- Innovative classroom software to make education engaging and fun!