God and justice go hand in hand. Hand in hand, we stand soaked in His grace, flooded by His love, ready “to act justly…to love mercy…to walk humbly with our God” (Micah 6:8, NIV).
At least a million children are victims of sexual exploitation today. 99% are girls; seven out of ten are in Asia and the Pacific, and according to the International Labour Organization, the commercial sex trade generates about $99 billion a year.
Destiny Rescue agents stand ready to throw open the doors that lock these children away in this horrendous prison, and we can help. $1500 can rescue a child from sex trafficking. Last year we raised over $10,000, and six children, somewhere in the world, are now free and on a path to restoration. This year our goal is aid in the rescue of eight more children.
Our Plan to Take A Stand
Please consider what your family can do to take a stand. Here is what we have done and plan to do in this year’s campaign:
- Blackout Trafficking Basketball Game (LCS vs Tecumseh) – We raised over $1500 selling blackout t-shirts and hosting a halftime shootout. THANK YOU!
- Blackout Night Party – Saturday, April 28, from 6:00 pm-10:00 pm
- Grace Point’s Common Ground offers the site for a great celebration of freedom. All interested high school students are welcome to attend this night of fun as we dance and play together with a Christian DJ, volleyball, basketball, corn hole, spike ball, ping pong, air hockey, and enjoy many fun competitions.
- Students younger than high school age are welcome to come, but must be accompanied by a parent.
- Admission: $10 Donation
- Class Competition
- Thursday, April 26 to May 18
- All LCS middle school and high school classes will encourage classmates to give $1, $100 or anything in between to the rescue fund.
- One winning class from the middle school and one from the high school will be treated to some fun in the sun and an ice cream sundae at the close of the campaign.
- Take a Stand Wristbands
- For a $5 donation, starting Thursday, April 26, a student can purchase a wristband to demonstrate support for the rescue of enslaved children.
- To add to the fun of giving, wearing the band to school may bring some nice surprises to those who purchase and wear their wristband on any given day. The wristbands are available for purchase to the elementary and middle school students also.
- Donate to Support Destiny Rescue
- Our donation efforts count! A website has been set up at www.Lenawee.org/rescue to make giving a donation easy. It also allows us to see what other Christian schools are doing.
- An individual can make a donation or can create a team page. Giving can be done anonymously or by allowing a name to be visible to others may inspire others to give.
- National Take a Stand Day
- On May 18 all willing students in many Christian high schools across the nation will stand rather than sit in class throughout the morning in support of the rescue of enslaved children.
- Students who want to Take a Stand should wear their Destiny Rescue t-shirt and/or wristband.
Thank you for your support of our efforts to save eight children from the sex trafficking trade!