Cougar Family Scholarship Program
The Lenawee Christian School (LCS) Cougar Family Scholarship Program is designed to provide temporary financial assistance to returning LCS families who have experienced extreme circumstances. This can allow a family’s children to stay enrolled in LCS while their financial or home situation stabilizes. These scholarships can go above the 50% cap set for financial aid with the approval of the LCS Board Finance Committee and LCM Executive Team. Unfortunately, LCS cannot offer scholarships to all of the families who apply. However, we can assure each applicant that he or she will receive consideration and fair treatment. LCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its scholarship programs.
Terms of the Cougar Family Scholarship Program
- Funds for the scholarship are available only to LCS families that have had at least one student enrolled at LCS for two or more years.
- Solid academic and behavioral standing of all students requesting additional aid is required.
- Families must have completed the financial aid process and show that they have exhausted other means of paying tuition, demonstrated sound biblical stewardship of their finances, and be regular attendants in a local church.
- The scholarships are intended to be for one year only, but multiple years could be awarded depending on available funds and circumstances.
- While families are not obligated to repay the Cougar Family Scholarships, they are encouraged to repay the amount if their situation changes so we can bless other families in need.
- Families must apply each year and there is no guarantee that funds will be available. Application & Submission Requirements.
- Applications are reviewed and awarded on a case-by-case basis and are not awarded on a predetermined schedule.
- Applications must be filled out completely. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
- Scholarship awards are normally communicated within two weeks of the completed process. Applicants may be required to complete in-person interviews. Applications are considered complete after the interview has been scheduled and completed.
- Families receiving Cougar Family Scholarship awards are required to participate in the Serve-to-Save (S2S) program.