Lenawee Christian School is pleased to offer the following scholarship programs to help families with the decision to invest in Christian education. In addition to our Variable Tuition program and Tuition Reduction Incentive Program, we offer the following scholarships for those who qualify. If questions arise, please message our admissions department or call us at 517-438-8820.
New Student Merit Scholarships
New LCS students who exhibit excellence of character or have gifts and talents in academics, fine arts, ministry, and/or service are encouraged to apply for our new student merit scholarships. To apply, follow the process below:
New Student Scholarship Process:
- The scholarship process begins with the application being submitted to LCS. Choose the button on the left which corresponds to the grade level of your child and complete the application form.
- Since all scholarships require families to complete a Variable Tuition application, so our financial services partner can qualify your level of financial need, please click here to get started.
- Scholarships are then reviewed by LCS and are judged based upon predefined criteria.
- Award recommendations are then submitted to the governing body over the scholarship for award authorization.
- Awards are then approved by the governing body, either LCS administrators or the LCS board finance committee.
- Response letters are drafted and sent to the applicant.
- If a scholarship award is authorized, awards are distributed to the student’s account when the student enrolls at LCS.
To apply for a scholarship, follow the specific requirements and instructions in the application documents. Note that no scholarships are awarded for athletic skill or involvement, per MHSAA rules.
S2S Program: Those who elect to receive a scholarship award will be required to participate in our Serve to Save (S2S) Program. Twenty (20) hours of volunteer service will be required per school year, with a maximum of forty (40) hours per family per school year.
Scholarships For Existing Families
Cougar Family Scholarship Program
There are times when extreme circumstances affect our lives. When those times come, and you are considering whether or not you can continue with LCS, please let us know. For those current LCS families who are in the midst of extreme circumstances, review the requirements for the Cougar Family Scholarship to see if we might be able to help. To learn more and apply, visit the application page. Completed applications are sent directly to our Director of Finance, Rob Breckel.
S2S Program: Those who elect to receive a need-based assistance award will be required to participate in our Serve to Save (S2S) Program. Twenty (20) hours of volunteer service will be required per school year, with a maximum of forty (40) hours per family per school year.