It’s a Great Time to Consider LCS!
The LCS Difference
Lenawee Christian School is a non-denominational, coeducational institution, preschool through grade twelve. The school is committed to the historic Christian perspective of life as set forth in the Bible, recognizing God as the Creator of all things, the Son of God as Savior of all who believe in Him, and the Holy Spirit as the Comforter and Convictor of all who believe in Him.
The Four Pillars
The Four Pillars
Our approach to education can be categorized into four major areas, which we call the Four Pillars. Here are a few highlights from each of those areas:
Safe and Nurturing Environment:
- High level of campus security equipment and training
- Daily Bible lessons to reinforce Christ-like behavior
- Our parent-partners are welcome in the building at any time during the day
- Our literacy training provides support for all students to reach or exceed grade level by 5th grade
- Emphasis on critical thinking and problem solving from K-12 in all subject areas
- Highly sought graduates by colleges and universities all over the world
- Biblical truths integrated into all subjects
- Small groups in our secondary school are focused on spiritual discipleship and mentorship
- Weekly Chapel services for Little Cougars & Elementary, Middle, and High School
- Local, regional, and global service opportunities
Experiences Beyond the Classroom:
- Missions trips
- Fine Arts: Visual, performing, dramatic
- Learning clubs & camps
Our campus includes:
A swimming pool with water slide, climbing walls, and other attractions –
2 baseball fields, 1 softball/baseball field, 2 sand volleyball courts –
A 700-seat auditorium –
The Corner Park, an exciting outdoor activity park –
A daycare facility for nursery through preschool –
A disc golf course –
Combination soccer/football field with rubberized track –
2 practice soccer/football fields –
3 playgrounds –
1/4-mile wooded nature trail –
1/2-mile paved walking path –
The LCS Story
In 1977, Orville and Ruth Merillat founded Trenton Hills Christian School as a way of giving back to the community that has supported them so well. Their desire was to prepare students spiritually and academically while working in partnership with their families and churches. Their belief was that a good education will produce active and strong leaders in our families, communities, ministries, governments, and businesses.
In the mid-1980’s, after seeing consistent growth in the school, the Merillat family purchased a 75-acre farm on the corner of Wolf Creek Highway and U.S. 223 on the west side of Adrian, Michigan. Their desire was to provide a Christian education that would serve the spiritual needs of students from many area churches, as an interdenominational school. That new campus, called Lenawee Christian School, opened in October of 1986. LCS now serves approximately 600 students from over 80 churches because of the Merillat’s deep love for the Lord and a desire for students to have a world-class Christian education.
Illustration (left): Concept art of the campus of Lenawee Christian School and the Christian Family Centre, circa 1985.
Take a Closer Look
Are you ready to look closer at LCS? Call our admissions team at 517-438-8820 to schedule a tour or complete an inquiry form. We’d love to talk with you about how we might partner with you to help your child reach their full potential!